6th annual Nearby Nature Photo Contest
Time & Location
About the Event
Calling all (non-professional) Photographers!!!!
NVCT’s Sixth Annual Nearby Nature Photography Competition is open September 1-October 31!
Submitted photos must be taken within the Trust’s service area: Arlington, Caroline, Fairfax, Fauquier, King George, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford counties; and nearby independent cities including Alexandria, City of Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, and Manassas Park.
Submit up to 4 photos that you’ve taken any time of year within northern Virginia to win a prize and have your work printed, framed, and showcased at a gallery reception, in December!
Categories to enter your photos into:
Youth: (under 18) will use the same categories listed above but will be judged seperately.
General Contest Information
The NVCT Nearby Nature Photography Competition is open to non-professional photographers of all ages. This contest hopes to promote awareness and appreciation for all the beautiful natural wonders that are found even in the small, medium, and large outdoor spaces in our communities - including our backyards, local forests, and local working lands.
Photographers retain all rights to photographs submitted and agree to grant NVCT the right to publish the images with or without names. Even if your photos don't make the final cut, you may still see them used to help promote NVCT's conservation work online or in print materials!
NVCT employees, members of the board of directors, and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the contest.
How to Enter
· Enter by downloading and completing the entry form and photography release. Email photos and forms to email@example.com. Deadline is midnight, Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2019.
· All youth under 18 must have parent or guardian sign the entry form.
· Each photographer may submit up to four photographs, but is eligible for only one contest award per year.
· Basic editing is allowed (such as filters, adjusting contrast, cropping, and sharpening).
· Photographs must be submitted in digital format (jpg, png, gif, or tif).
· All identifiable persons in each photograph must sign the waiver section of the contest entry; parents or guardians must sign for subjects under 18.
· Judges will review the submissions for creativity, content, composition, and originality, and award the top photographs by youth and adults in each category. Youth categories may be combined if submissions are low in a particular category or categories.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.